BWF 40TH ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE
- The BWF 40th Anniversary Challenge is designed to be a flexible personal challenge in which walkers can select their own type & level of challenge. The Challenge will run from 1st January 2023 to 31st December 2023.
- The Challenge consists of three sections based upon the first 3 challenges that the BWF ran:
Section A - To complete up to 40 different walks (including Club Walks, Permanent Trails,
National Trails, Long Distance Walks & Medium Distance Walks)
Section B - To walk with up to 10 different clubs (including the BWF)
Section C - To walk in up to 10 different regions of the UK.
- In Section A, there will be a bronze, silver & gold target level to achieve:
Bronze = 10 Walks
Silver = 20 Walks
Gold = 40 Walks
For Sections B & C there are no set targets but your achievements will be shown on your certificate.
Only stamps included under Section A count towards the Bronze / Silver / Gold target.
- Walkers can set their own challenge by attempting only one section (A, B or C), any two sections or all three sections.
- There is no restriction on the number of walks which can be done with any single club or the BWF.
- If an NT, LDW or MDW is to be included, the walk must be started & finished during 2023. If a trail goes through more than one Section C region, the walker can choose which region the stamp goes under, but the stamp cannot go against more than one region.
- A stamp can be included in more than one section, but can only be included once in each section.
- Walks must be completed during 2023 and a stamp collected on your challenge record card or challenge insert card.
- Each participant will receive a certificate of participation and a cloth badge.
To enter the challenge, complete and return the attached registration form together with the £5.00 entry fee to the address shown on the form.
Challenge record cards must be submitted to the BWF for validation by 31st January 2024. No submitted challenge record cards will be processed before January 2024.