This page is a guide for Event Organisers when registering events.
The full regulations governing events and their registration can be found in the National Constitution & Bylaws.
These are classified by the British Walking Federation as, an event or events that take place on one or more successive days from the same venue.
- Walks - A standard walk should offer at least 2 distances, one between 10 & 15 km and a second between 16 & 30 km and may offer shorter distances of between 5 & 10km and/or longer distances in excess of 31 km. Walks over 42 km require additional approval from the National Committee
- Cycles - A standard Cycle route should offer at least 2 distances, one between 25 & 40 km and a second between 41 & 70 km and organisers may offer a longer distance of between 71 & 100 km. Cycle routes over 100 km require additional approval from the National Committee.
- Swims - A standard swim should offer a minimum distance of 300m.
World Walking Day - The IVV celebrates World Walking Day each year on the 8th May. A special stamp is given for these events.
Organisers must provide proof of third party insurance cover for all events that they organise.
Event Registration Fees
No events will be registered until event registration fees have been paid. Payment should not be sent with registration forms. An invoice will be sent when the forms are processed.
It is recommended that event organisers produce an entry leaflet for any event/s that they wish to register with the BWF. When produced these should accompany the event registration form.
The following information should appear on the leaflet.
- Name of event - on front cover
- Date of event - on front cover
- BWF logo - on front cover
- Organising Club and contact details
- Start & Finish Location
- Distances available with start times
- Entry Fees and Awards etc. available
- Insurance Declaration (when using BWF insurance)
- Statement regarding Adventure Activities Licensing Regulations